According to multiple reports, head coach Urban Meyer and his staff received verbal commitment No. 22 for the class of 2014 earlier this morning as Brady Taylor pledged his allegiance to Buckeye Nation after taking an official visit to the Columbus campus over the weekend.
Taylor, a 6-foot-5, 276-pound offensive tackle from Bishop Ready High School in Columbus, Ohio, is a three-star recruit by the three main recruiting websites. 247Sports.com lists Taylor as the 45th-best OT prospect in the nation, Rivals.com tabs him at No. 46, while Scout.com has Taylor all the way down at No. 77.
Taylor originally committed to Virginia Tech last July, but that all changed when OSU’s offensive line coach Ed Warriner extended an offer to Taylor on Jan. 12.
Along with Ohio State and Virginia Tech, Taylor also had offers from Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan State, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, West Virginia and Wisconsin, among others.
With Taylor on board, the 2014 recruiting class consists of 22 with:
– WR/CB Marshon Lattimore, Glenville High School, Cleveland, Ohio.
– DB Erick Smith, Glenville High School, Cleveland, Ohio.
– WR Johnnie Dixon, Dwyer High School, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
– ILB Raekwon McMillan, Liberty County High School, Hinesville, Ga.
– ATH Noah Brown, Pope John XXIII High School, Sparta, N.J.
– ATH Curtis Samuel, Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn, N.Y.
– ATH Malik Hooker, New Castle Senior High School, New Castle, Penn.
– OG Demetrius Knox, All Saints Episcopal School, Fort Worth, Tex.
– OT Jamarco Jones, De La Salle Institute, Chicago, Ill.
– WR Terry McLaurin, Cathedral High School, Indianapolis, Ind.
– QB Stephen Collier, Lee County High School, Leesburg, Ga.
– DE Jalyn Holmes, Lake Taylor High School, Norfolk, Va.
– K/P Sean Nuernberger, Oldham County High School, Buckner, Ky.
– OLB Dante Booker, St. Vincent-St. Mary’s High School, Akron, Ohio.
– OLB Kyle Berger, St. Ignatius High School, Cleveland, Ohio.
– LB Sam Hubbard, Archbishop Moeller High School, Cincinnati, Ohio.
– DE Dylan Thompson, Montini Catholic High School, Lombard, Ill.
– OT Kyle Trout, Lancaster High School, Lancaster, Ohio;
– ATH Parris Campbell, St. Vincent-St. Mary’s High School, Akron, Ohio.
– CB Damon Webb, Cass Technical High School, Detroit, Mich.
– OG Marcelys Jones, Glenville High School, Cleveland, Ohio.