While Ohio State didn’t win on the football field on Friday night, head coach Urban Meyer and his staff claimed yet another recruiting victory for the class of 2014 as Marshon Lattimore and Erick Smith pledged their allegiance on Saturday to Buckeye Nation at the Under Armour All-American Bowl at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas.
Lattimore, a 6-foot, 175-pound wide receiver/cornerback from Glenville High School in Cleveland, Ohio, is a four-star recruit, is one of the top high school prospects from the state of Ohio for the class of 2014, and the No. 5 cornerback in the nation according to 247Sports.com’s composite rankings.
Other recruiting services, such as Rivals.com and Scout.com, also have Lattimore as a four-star prospect. Rivals lists him as No. 3 athlete in the country, while Scout ranks Lattimore as the eighth-best cornerback in the land. Though he can play on both sides of the ball, Lattimore has stated previously that he would like to play defense.
Along with Ohio State, Lattimore also had offers from Alabama, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee and USC, among others.
Smith, also from Glenville, is a 6-foot-1, 185-pound safety who garners a four-star rating and is the No. 6 prospect in the country at his position according to Scout. Smith is also listed as the No. 21 safety in the nation by 247Sports and Rivals ranks him at No. 11.
Smith chose Ohio State over Alabama, Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, Indiana, West Virginia, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Cincinnati.
With Lattimore and Smith on board, the 2014 recruiting class consists of 21 with:
- WR Johnnie Dixon, Dwyer High School, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- ILB Raekwon McMillan, Liberty County High School, Hinesville, Ga.
- ATH Noah Brown, Pope John XXIII High School, Sparta, N.J.
- ATH Curtis Samuel, Erasmus Hall High School, Brooklyn, N.Y.
- ATH Malik Hooker, New Castle Senior High School, New Castle, Penn.
- OG Demetrius Knox, All Saints Episcopal School, Fort Worth, Tex.
- OT Jamarco Jones, De La Salle Institute, Chicago, Ill.
- WR Terry McLaurin, Cathedral High School, Indianapolis, Ind.
- QB Stephen Collier, Lee County High School, Leesburg, Ga.
- DE Jalyn Holmes, Lake Taylor High School, Norfolk, Va.
- K/P Sean Nuernberger, Oldham County High School, Buckner, Ky.
- OLB Dante Booker, St. Vincent-St. Mary’s High School, Akron, Ohio.
- OLB Kyle Berger, St. Ignatius High School, Cleveland, Ohio.
- LB Sam Hubbard, Archbishop Moeller High School, Cincinnati, Ohio.
- DE Dylan Thompson, Montini Catholic High School, Lombard, Ill.
- OT Kyle Trout, Lancaster High School, Lancaster, Ohio;
- ATH Parris Campbell, St. Vincent-St. Mary’s High School, Akron, Ohio.
- CB Damon Webb, Cass Technical High School, Detroit, Mich.
- OG Marcelys Jones, Glenville High School, Cleveland, Ohio.