2015 recruting class now at two as Jamel Dean pledges his allegiance to Buckeye Nation

Ohio State received its second verbal commitment for the class of 2015 as Jamel Dean pledged his allegiance to head coach Urban Meyer and Buckeye Nation, Sunday night.

Cocoa Beach High's Josh Blaeser tries to slow down Cocoa High's Jamel Dean (right) during their game earlier this season. (Craig Rubadoux/FloridaToday Photo).

Cocoa Beach High’s Josh Blaeser tries to slow down Cocoa High’s Jamel Dean (right) during their game earlier this season. (Craig Rubadoux/FloridaToday Photo).

Dean, a 6-foot-1, 180-pound cornerback from Cocoa High School in Cocoa, Fla., currently receives a four-star rating and is ranked as the 16th-best cornerback prospect in the nation by 247Sports.com.

Along with Ohio State, Dean also had offers from Florida, Miami (Fla.), Mississippi State and Temple.

Dean attended Ohio State’s Friday Night Lights camp in July, and made an unofficial visit to watch the Penn State game on Oct. 26.

“It was unlike anything I have ever seen,” Dean said to Ari Wasserman of Cleveland.com. “I looked up into the stadium, and it was really big, and there wasn’t one empty seat in the entire place. I never really saw anything like that in my entire life.”

As a sophomore last spring, Dean finished third in the 100 with a time of 10.67 seconds and fourth in the long jump with a distance of 22 feet, 9½ inches in the Class 2A state finals. At the regional meet, Dean posted a 100-meters personal best of 10.58.

Ohio State got its first commitment for the class of 2015 when Eric Glover-Williams issued his verbal, last August.

Glover-Wlliams, nicknamed “Superman,” is a 5-foot-11, 165-pound athlete/running back/cornerback from McKinley High School in Canton, Ohio, who currently receives a four-star rating by Scout.com and 247Sports.com. Scout lists Glover-Williams as the ninth-best running back prospect in the nation, and 247Sports tabs him at No. 9 among cornerbacks in the country.

Along with Ohio State, Glover-Williams also had offers from Arkansas, Cincinnati, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan State, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and West Virginia.

“I picked Ohio State because I see it kind of like how I see Canton McKinley and Massillon in high school,” Glover-Williams said to ESPN. “Going to college and playing for Ohio State — Michigan is one of the biggest rivalries in the nation. I just wanted to be a part of that. When I left there, I felt like I was at home, so it was easy. It was Ohio State over everybody.”