Remember what Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner said back in June?

Remember what Michigan quarterback Devin Gardner said last summer?

Devin Gardner meet Zach Boren, who was a fullback. (File Photo)

Devin Gardner meet Zach Boren, who was a fullback. (File Photo)

If you don’t, I’ll remind you.

Back in June, Gardner was on “The Huge Show” that airs on various radio stations in the state of Michigan and Bill Simonson, host of “The Huge Show,” asked Gardner if Michigan is a championship-caliber team that can beat Ohio State in Michigan Stadium.

“We always have room for improvement, but this is definitely a championship-caliber football team,” Gardner said. “We will win in the Big House, you know, against Ohio State. We don’t feel like we’re inferior to anyone in the country, and we’re going to give it our all.”

That’s rich.

The Wolverines are anything but a championship-caliber football team. In fact, they’re barely a football team.

Michigan enters Saturday’s rivalry match-up having lost three out of four games. The three losses were to Michigan State, Nebraska and Iowa. The lone win during that stretch was a three overtime victory over Northwestern, who’s winless in the Big Ten.

And it those last four games, Gardner is 69-of-125 (55.2%) passing for 730 yards. He’s also rushed 61 times for minus-47 yards.

By the way, Gardner was 11-of-20 passing for 171 yards against the Buckeyes last season at Ohio Stadium. He also rushed for a minus-28 yards on seven carries after he was sacked four times in that game.

Good luck with that.