J. America, Ohio State & Mekka Don to release “JUICE” T-shirt line

The Ohio State University and it’s new single-source apparel licensee, J. America, are set to release a line of “Juice” T-shirts in conjunction with rising independent hip-hop artist, Mekka Don.

juice1

Two of the T-shirts will be released initially on September 28th as an Ohio Stadium exclusive with Lids and online via Buckeye Corner (www.buckeyecorner.com), at the ABC televised primetime Ohio State football game against Wisconsin.

After a one week exclusive period, those two shirts will be distributed to Lids retail stores, all other Buckeye apparel retailers, and Fanatics.com. Next week, two more shirts will be released following the same format. The shirts will include a hangtag that provides a link to Mekka Don’s Buckeye anthem, “Juice.”

juice2

The shirts are inspired by Coach Urban Meyer’s “Bring the Juice” mantra, and the song, “Juice” that Mekka Don created for the team. The song has been licensed by Ohio State, is played in the stadium at all home games, and has rapidly become a huge hit within Buckeye Nation.

Mekka Don said, “As an artist I make music to inspire and excite people. The response and love for “Juice” that Buckeye Nation has shown is truly humbling. I’m very proud that the University, fans, students, coaches, former players, and current players all have embraced the song the way that they have. Ohio State holds a very special place for me, and to see a t-shirt I helped create be sold at The Shoe is a dream come true.”

DJ Kelley, J. America’s sales director adds, “We are very excited to be working with Mekka Don on this great project. We are big fans of his story and his music. Having recently entered into a multi-year partnership with Ohio State to be its exclusive apparel licensee, it is important for us to capture the spirit of Buckeye Nation, and we believe this release does that.”

To download Mekka Don’s (@MekkaDonMusic) song “Juice” or other Mekka Don Buckeye hits, visit http://shop.mekkadon.com, iTunes, or Amazon.