Big Ten Sports Archive

  • All 14 Big Ten teams were in action over the weekend to kick off the 2014 football season and 12 were victorious. Here’s a look of the 13 other games involving conference members. Minnesota 42, Eastern Illinois 20 Quarterback Mitch Leidner ran for two scores and threw a touchdown pass […]

    Weekend Update: 12 Big Ten teams were victorious, but not Northwestern & Wisconsin

    All 14 Big Ten teams were in action over the weekend to kick off the 2014 football season and 12 were victorious. Here’s a look of the 13 other games involving conference members. Minnesota 42, Eastern Illinois 20 Quarterback Mitch Leidner ran for two scores and threw a touchdown pass […]
  • This is the 12th in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. To conclude the regular season, Ohio State hosts That Team Up North on Nov. 29. The start time and television network that will air “The Game” have yet to be announced, but […]

    Preview No. 12: That Team Up North

    This is the 12th in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. To conclude the regular season, Ohio State hosts That Team Up North on Nov. 29. The start time and television network that will air “The Game” have yet to be announced, but […]
  • This is the 11th in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. After back-to-back road games, the Buckeyes return home to face Indiana on Nov. 22. The start time or the network the game will air on has yet to be announced. Coaches and […]

    Preview No. 11: Indiana Hoosiers

    This is the 11th in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. After back-to-back road games, the Buckeyes return home to face Indiana on Nov. 22. The start time or the network the game will air on has yet to be announced. Coaches and […]
  • This is the 10th in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. In back-to-back road games for the only time this season, Ohio State next ventures to Minneapolis to take on Minnesota on Nov. 15. Kickoff at TCF Bank Stadium has yet to be […]

    Preview No. 10: Minnesota Golden Gophers

    This is the 10th in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. In back-to-back road games for the only time this season, Ohio State next ventures to Minneapolis to take on Minnesota on Nov. 15. Kickoff at TCF Bank Stadium has yet to be […]
  • This is the ninth in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. On Nov. 8, Ohio State travels to East Lansing to take on Michigan State. Kickoff at Spartan Stadium is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on your […]

    Preview No. 9: Michigan State Spartans

    This is the ninth in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. On Nov. 8, Ohio State travels to East Lansing to take on Michigan State. Kickoff at Spartan Stadium is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on your […]
  • This is the eighth in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. In prime time, Ohio State hosts Illinois at Ohio Stadium in Columbus on Nov. 1. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on either ABC, ESPN, […]

    Preview No. 8: Illinois Fighting Illini

    This is the eighth in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. In prime time, Ohio State hosts Illinois at Ohio Stadium in Columbus on Nov. 1. Kickoff is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. ET, and the game will be televised on either ABC, ESPN, […]
  • This is the seventh in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. Ohio State travels to State College to take Penn State on Oct. 25. Kickoff at the erector set known as Beaver Stadium is scheduled for 8:00 p.m ET, and it will be […]

    Preview No. 7: Penn State Nittany Lions

    This is the seventh in a series of articles previewing Ohio State’s 12 opponents for the 2014 season. Ohio State travels to State College to take Penn State on Oct. 25. Kickoff at the erector set known as Beaver Stadium is scheduled for 8:00 p.m ET, and it will be […]
  • The Big Ten Media Days is an annual two-day event held in Chicago. All 14 head coaches and three team representatives along with conference officials and hoards of media members converge at the Chicago Hilton. It reality, it’s much ado about nothing. On Monday morning at 10:30 a.m., Northwestern head […]

    Recapping the events (or lack thereof) at Big Ten Media Days in Chicago

    The Big Ten Media Days is an annual two-day event held in Chicago. All 14 head coaches and three team representatives along with conference officials and hoards of media members converge at the Chicago Hilton. It reality, it’s much ado about nothing. On Monday morning at 10:30 a.m., Northwestern head […]
  • According to a report by The Detroit News, the Board of Regents at the University of Michigan nixed a proposal to have fireworks at two home games for the upcoming season. “We are not Comerica Park, Disney World or a circus,” University of Michigan regent Mark Bernstein said. “I love […]

    From the LOL File: University of Michigan regent Mark Bernstein, “We are not…a circus”

    According to a report by The Detroit News, the Board of Regents at the University of Michigan nixed a proposal to have fireworks at two home games for the upcoming season. “We are not Comerica Park, Disney World or a circus,” University of Michigan regent Mark Bernstein said. “I love […]
  • COACH WILSON: Offensively, we had no one play as poor as we played, not this year, but in several years. We didn’t handle the elements, didn’t handle the road, didn’t handle their defense very well. They played very, very well. But we were off and didn’t run it and didn’t […]

    Indiana head coach Kevin Wilson’s press conference

    COACH WILSON: Offensively, we had no one play as poor as we played, not this year, but in several years. We didn’t handle the elements, didn’t handle the road, didn’t handle their defense very well. They played very, very well. But we were off and didn’t run it and didn’t […]
Page 1 of 3123