About Author: Matt Barker

Description
Matt Barker began blogging on the Buckeyes for the web site, AllSports.com, back during Ohio State's championship year of 2002. Going out on his own, Mr. Barker began Buckeye Banter in August of 2003, now in its 10th year.

Posts by Matt Barker

  • It’s Monday, which means we head over to the team meeting room at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center for head football coach Urban Meyer’s press conference. Here’s what he had to say. First, an opening statement: I just read somewhere we’re leading the nation in attendance. I never want that...

    Urban Rap: Meyer on the Rutgers game, halfway point, Penn State, his offense, backups and more

    It’s Monday, which means we head over to the team meeting room at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center for head football coach Urban Meyer’s press conference. Here’s what he had to say. First, an opening statement: I just read somewhere we’re leading the nation in attendance. I never want that...
  • At the halfway point of the regular season, the No. 13/12 Ohio State Buckeyes sit at 5-1 overall and 2-0 in the Big Ten. Not bad. But that’s not exactly how the season was to unfold up to this point. Sure, if we could all go back in time shortly...

    Midterm Report Card: ‘B’ is for Buckeyes

    At the halfway point of the regular season, the No. 13/12 Ohio State Buckeyes sit at 5-1 overall and 2-0 in the Big Ten. Not bad. But that’s not exactly how the season was to unfold up to this point. Sure, if we could all go back in time shortly...
  • Earlier today from the league headquarters in Rosemont, Ill., Ohio State’s redshirt freshman quarterback J.T. Barrett was named the Big Ten Conference’s Offensive Player of the Week and Freshman Player of the Week for his role in the Buckeyes’ 56-17 destruction of Rutgers on Saturday. Against the Scarlet Knights, Barrett...

    J.T. Barrett named Big Ten Offensive Player and Freshman of the Week

    Earlier today from the league headquarters in Rosemont, Ill., Ohio State’s redshirt freshman quarterback J.T. Barrett was named the Big Ten Conference’s Offensive Player of the Week and Freshman Player of the Week for his role in the Buckeyes’ 56-17 destruction of Rutgers on Saturday. Against the Scarlet Knights, Barrett...
  • Even with a 39-point blowout win against Rutgers on Saturday, Ohio State saw very little movement in both the Associated Press and the Amway Coaches’ top 25 college football polls that were released yesterday. In the AP poll, Ohio State remained at No. 13, but moved up one spot to...

    Ohio State sees very little movement in latest polls even after 39-point blowout win

    Even with a 39-point blowout win against Rutgers on Saturday, Ohio State saw very little movement in both the Associated Press and the Amway Coaches’ top 25 college football polls that were released yesterday. In the AP poll, Ohio State remained at No. 13, but moved up one spot to...
  • Ohio State and head football coach Urban Meyer received their third verbal commitment for the class of 2016 when Kierre Hawkins pledged his allegiance to Buckeye Nation earlier today according to multiple reports. Hawkins, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound tight end/wide receiver/H-back/tuba player/hot dog vendor from Maple Heights Senior High School in...

    Head coach Urban Meyer gets his third verbal commitment for 2016 as Hawkins pledges

    Ohio State and head football coach Urban Meyer received their third verbal commitment for the class of 2016 when Kierre Hawkins pledged his allegiance to Buckeye Nation earlier today according to multiple reports. Hawkins, a 6-foot-4, 220-pound tight end/wide receiver/H-back/tuba player/hot dog vendor from Maple Heights Senior High School in...
  • Ohio State coach Urban Meyer talks to Insider Jim Lachey about where the Buckeyes need to improve and why containing Rutgers’ special teams may be the key to victory on Saturday.

    One-on-One with Urban Meyer: Rutgers Edition

    Ohio State coach Urban Meyer talks to Insider Jim Lachey about where the Buckeyes need to improve and why containing Rutgers’ special teams may be the key to victory on Saturday.
  • Date: Saturday, October 18. Time: 3:30 PM ET. Venue: Ohio Stadium. Location: Columbus, OH. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (5-1, 1-1 Big Ten) vs. No. 13 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-1, 1-0 Big Ten). TV: ABC (ESPN2 mirror) with Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman in the booth and Todd McShay on the sidelines […]

    GameDay Primer: Everything you need to know about No. 13 Ohio State vs. Rutgers

    Date: Saturday, October 18. Time: 3:30 PM ET. Venue: Ohio Stadium. Location: Columbus, OH. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (5-1, 1-1 Big Ten) vs. No. 13 Ohio State Buckeyes (4-1, 1-0 Big Ten). TV: ABC (ESPN2 mirror) with Sean McDonough and Chris Spielman in the booth and Todd McShay on the sidelines […]
  • Ohio State’s first Big Ten home game is this Saturday as the Buckeyes host Rutgers. Kickoff at Ohio Stadium is scheduled for 3:30 p.m ET, and it will be televised on your local ABC affiliate in most of the country. Last Season: Rutgers went 6-7 last season and finished tied...

    Scouting Rutgers: At 5-1, are the Scarlet Knights contenders or pretenders?

    Ohio State’s first Big Ten home game is this Saturday as the Buckeyes host Rutgers. Kickoff at Ohio Stadium is scheduled for 3:30 p.m ET, and it will be televised on your local ABC affiliate in most of the country. Last Season: Rutgers went 6-7 last season and finished tied...
  • A few more changes this week. – Sophomore Kyle Dodson is no longer listed as a back-up behind Taylor Decker and Jamarco Jones at LT. – Antonio Underwood is now a back-up at both C and RG. – Chris Carter returns to the two-deep as a back-up at one of...

    Ohio State’s two-deep depth chart vs. Rutgers

    A few more changes this week. – Sophomore Kyle Dodson is no longer listed as a back-up behind Taylor Decker and Jamarco Jones at LT. – Antonio Underwood is now a back-up at both C and RG. – Chris Carter returns to the two-deep as a back-up at one of...
  • Once again, it’s time to check in with Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer as he held his weekly press conference prior to the Rutgers game at the team meeting room at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center on Monday. Here’s what he had to say. First, an opening statement:...

    Urban Rap: Meyer on momentum, his offense, J.T. Barrett and more

    Once again, it’s time to check in with Ohio State head football coach Urban Meyer as he held his weekly press conference prior to the Rutgers game at the team meeting room at the Woody Hayes Athletic Center on Monday. Here’s what he had to say. First, an opening statement:...
Page 1 of 11112345...102030...Last »